Communication and network solutions
Whether it’s an internal communication system of a company or a telecommunications system of a service provider – SP sistem’s communications engineering can help you build the system and manage it.
Communications are one of the key elements of modern business processes. In order for them to be reliable and safe, they need to be based on appropriate communication systems, so-called communications infrastructure, which is composed of several segments:
- local area network (LAN)
- wireless local area network (Wireless LAN)
- transmission system (SDH, DWDM)
- intercity networks (WAN)
- data protection
- network monitoring system (Network Management), IP phone systems
Experts in the field of communications engineering help clients to assess the condition of their existing communication system and to propose appropriate changes, according to the needs and wishes of the client.
Oni pomažu tijekom cijelog uvođenja novog sustava, od idejne studije do implementacije, i brinu se kasnije za njegov nesmetan rad. Naručitelj tako osigurava da brigu o ovom segmentu njegove informatičke infrastrukture preuzmu naši stručnjaci, a sam se koncentrira na svoje ključne poslovne aktivnosti.
They help throughout the entire introduction of the new system, from conceptual studies through to implementation, and later make sure that it’s running smoothly. This way, the client ensures that the care of their IT infrastructure is safe in the hands of our experts, while they can concentrate on their core business activities.
So the client could work undisturbed, we conduct administrator trainings, so they can manage the communications equipment.
Benefits of SP sistem’s communications engineering:
- Communications engineering covers all areas present in today’s communications infrastructure.
- All of our experts have knowledge in the field of communications engineering, to which every individual added certain specialized knowledge.
- Mastering basic skills allows them to quickly master new technologies and solutions.
- Projects are based on teamwork, because that’s the only way to realize technologically demanding projects.
- Partnerships with clients turn into long-term cooperation.
- Experience in companies from all industries.
Services we offer in the field of technology:
- Structured wiring systems and passive connections signalization systems
- Planning and designing safe system spaces
- Transmission systems (xWDM, SDH)
- Local and city networks (LAN/MAN), intercity networks (WAN)
- wireless networks (WLAN)
- data network security
- content-based data managment systems
- IP phone systems
- Monitoring and managing systems
- Specific technical solutions within communications systems
Communications engineering includes consulting, designing and developing of conceptual designs:
- analysis of the current communication systems
- consulting on complex projects
- preliminary idea feasibility study
- Preparing project documentation
- securing communications and other equpiment
- managing the project
Maintenance and technical support:
- customer service – 24 hours a day, all 365 days of the year, or at the customer’s request
- expert technical support
- preventive maintenance of communication systems
Training for communications system managment:
- training system and communications systems administrators
- organization of specialized courses, workshops and professional seminars
- possibility of laboratory tests in the SENSO PLUS test environment
The first phase includes an analysis of the existing communications infrastructure, if one exists, as well as the analysis of business and technical requirements for building new or upgrading existing communications infrastructure.
2. Consulting and development of conceptual designs
Based on the obtained analytical data, we approach planning solutions, and the usual result at this stage is a preliminary idea study. In it, we define the final outcome of the project and its main functions and estimate the value of the investment.
When it comes to more demanding telecommunications projects, based on the analysis and preliminary idea study, we prepare project documentation (detailed design, project construction). For less demanding projects, an implementation plan or a plan for solution introduction is sufficient. The managment of the project itself is then carried out in accordance with the project documentation. In all phases of the project, we particularly strive to prevent a deadlock in current business processes.
Training systems administrators is most effective when done through a combination of classic training carried out in our SP sistem center or at the manufacturer, and training in the form of managing their own projects. At our specially organized courses and workshops, they can gain specialized knowledge in the areas of their interest and try them out on our laboratory equipment.
Maintenance and technical support
Upon completing the project, we offer maintenance and technical assistance as an additional service which includes:
- availability of our technical support experts (on your location), available by phone or e-mail
- upgrading system equipment, to improve the performance and usability of the system
- changes to the configuration of communications equipment
- assistance in the further development of the system
In the SP sistem communications engineering division, we know that partnerships with leading manufacturers of communications equipment are crucial for building quality networks and ensuring quality services.
Within the consulting business we perform the following services:
- analysis of the information system
- making a long-term strategy for the development of the information system
- development of a uniform company security policy
- assessment of risks within information systems
- plans for uninterrupted business processes
Analysis of the information system
Using a professional approach based on extensive experiences of SP sistemi, we view and analyze the company’s existing information systems. This can be an indepent project, within which the client gets important information on the current state of their information system; it can also be performed within other projects, where it serves as a base for planning strategies, security policies, risk analyses or uninterrupted business.
The analysis is made out of:
- identifying all client information systems
- identifying owners and administrators of all information systems
- analysing the advantages and disadvantages of the existing IT support (PSPN analysis)
- drawing up a scheme of information system integration
The result of the analysis is a clear picture of company’s advantages, disadvantages and the pros and cons of the current information systems. The company gets structured documentation which contains a registry of information systems with the corresponding owners and administrators, a diagram of information system usage in different business processes, a system integration diagra and a chart of the connection between inforation systems and the environment.
Making a long-term strategy for the development of the information system
The optimal way to balance the benefits of information technology and the cost is making a long-term IT development strategy of the company, which will take into account the needs and the business goals of the company, as well as development guidelines and the IT technology trends. It’s a demanding project which requires involvement of all levels of decision-making within the company and it can hardly be realized without the participation of outside experts. Once the company has a developed IT strategy which is attainable, cost-effective and widely accepted, IT can become a really effective support to the execution of business processes.
The main activities in the preparation of the strategy are:
- Where we are? – a complete analysis of the current situation
- What we want? – identifying key business processes and adequate IT support
- How do we get there? – defining of strategic projects and sub-projects to achieve the objectives
- How to do business at the time of implementation? – ensuring operability in the implementations stage
- Risk analysis and the definition of key success factors
- Costs and benefits– financial analysis of the strategy, defining the necessary internal and external human resources
The result of making a longterm IT strategy gives the client, based on structured documents, a clear picture of the proposed strategy, insight into the costs associated with it and all other importat information, understandable to all different structures of employees.
Development of a uniform company security policy
The main guideline to designing a comprehensive security policy is to ensure comprehensive information security in accordance with known international standards, good business practice and years of our experience. In doing so, we respect the requirements to ensure:
- Security: protecting sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure
- Consistency: preserving the accuracy and completeness of information and computer software
- Availability: a guarantee that information will be available to users when needed
The result of creating a comprehensive security policy of the organiation is establishing a system for storing and protecting information that relies on a document on security policy and supporting documents (policies, internal standards, procedures).
Assessment of risks within information systems
Risk is the likelihood that a particular threat could exploit a weakness in a resource or a group of resources and thereby cause damage to or loss on these resources. The objective of risk assesment is to set the basis for the introduction of effective and successful safety measures that would eliminate or reduce risks. It is the process with which we try to explain the appropriateness of existing security measures and cite the reasons for the implementation of additional security measures.
In our work we use a proven methodology, pre-prepared documents for carrying out interviews and own tools to perform risk analysis and assessment.
As part of the project:
- we define the area of analysis (business areas, business processes)
- we review the inventory of resources and existing safety measures
- we analyze the risks the IT resources are exposed to
- we asses the risks in terms of threats to and weaknesses of the resources
- we choose the appropriate security measures
The result of the risk assessment is a list of recommended measures to reduce documented risks to an acceptable level.
Plans for uninterrupted business processes
The main objective of uninterrupted business processes plans is to ensure the company’s continued operations in the event of short outages of resources that are key to the company’s operations and defining measures in the event of catastrophies and natural disasters, all in order to restore business again as quickly as possible.
The main activities of the project are:
- identification and assessment of key business processes of the company
- identification and assessment of procedures to be performed in order for the processes to run smoothly
- identification of key resources required to perform the procedures
- risk analysis in terms of availability
- planning regular and alternative procedures
- proposals for reducing risks
- development of recovery plans
To run this project, we use proven methodologies and our own tools for creating and maintaining plans.
The result of the project is a comprehensive uninterrupted business plan, which respects the local and international standards and good practice in that field and provides the company with adequate and effective measures in case of emergencies.