EU structural funds
The seminar is intended for all interested organizations, businesses or individuals who want to expand their knowledge on EU funds and learn how to successfully implement an application for EU project.
To familiarize attendants with the funding opportunities from EU funds and practically train them to successfully apply for funding.
1. Day: How to get funding from structural funds?
- Understanding the important institutions and mechanisms that affect access to social funds
- Cohesion policy, legislation and instruments in the EU and Croatia
- Defining the structural funds, what types of projects are financed from the structural funds, examples from 2007 to 2013 period of programs
- Strategic and legal documents that govern financing of EU programs
- Institutions involved in the management of the structural funds and their roles
- Steps in obtaining and using funds (from application to final grade)
- Exercises: 1, 2 and 3
2. Day: How to prepare a project that is being funded from structural funds?
- Key concepts and definitions; project types
- Phases in the project life cycle
- Understanding the objectives and criteria of various operational programs financed by the structural funds
- Preparation of a project
- Logical matrix
- Problem tree / strategic analysis
- Setting goals, results
- Defining and measuring activities, inputs, outputs
- Planning the project funds (HR, budget, time)
- Exercises: 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
3. Day: Local partnerships for successful projects
- Public-private partnership – key concepts
- ABC Strategic Planning
- Identification and analysis of stakeholders
- How to ensure participation in a community?
- How to mobilize resources?
- Action plan of development
- Exercises: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14
4. Day: Key problems of an efficient project implementation
- Project and program indicators, and target groups
- Operational planning and resource mobilization
- Contracting (contests, interviews, procurement rules …)
- Internal monitoring and reporting
- M & E objectives and tools
- The seminar lasts 4 days
- Theoretical and practical work with exercises
All attendants receive a participation certificate.
Dr.sc. Silvana Tomić Rotim
4.450 Kn + VAT
The price includes: a collection of slides and work materials for the lesson, a participation certificate, lunch and refreshments during breaks.